SimPhonics, Inc. is seeking a software engineering consultant to expand our product line of Audio and Communications Simulation products. This individual must have experience developing real-time simulation products in a Windows XP environment.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
The applicant is expected to have the following skills and abilities:
· BS/BA in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics required.
· 3+ years experience in real-time Audio and Communications Simulation development.
· 5+ years experience developing applications on Windows 2000/XP with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2003. C++ or C#. .NET experience preferred. Must be experienced with MFC since our current product line utilizes it heavily.
· Technical Writing skills a must.
· Familiarity with the IEEE P1278.1 Standard for Distributed Interactive Simulation – Application Protocols (DIS) a must.
· Work independently.
The applicant will be expected to perform the following:
· Sign a Non-disclosure agreement with SimPhonics, Inc. (Note that all code produced by applicant while in the employ of SimPhonics will remain the property of SimPhonics.)
· Provide samples of previously authored code work.
· Provide samples of previously authored technical documents.
· Check in code to SourceSafe on a daily basis.
· Provide high visibility into work performed.
· Submit a billing invoice every 2 weeks.
· Prioritize tasks and meet schedules set forth by SimPhonics.
Work to be Performed:
The applicant will be performing the following work:
· Using Visual Studio .NET, will be producing code libraries and standalone applications to enhance our product line.
· Design documentation of work to be performed will be produced before coding is started.
· A draft User Manual describing finished product will be produced either during or after code work is completed.